I have to chuckle to myself when I hear people say things like “you have that glow” or “you look so rested!” Maybe there’s some truth to the whole pregnancy glow thing, but for the most part I’m faking it. I certainly don’t feel like I have a glow whatsoever and I know for a fact that I am not rested! I’ve compiled a list of my favorite beauty products that help me survive (and fake the “glow”) the long 9 months of pregnancy and beyond…
Best beauty products for pregnancy
1. Genes Vitamin E Creme – Boy, do I wish I would’ve known about this stuff during my first pregnancy. It’s been said to help prevent stretch marks. It also heals the dry, itchy, sensitive skin that is so often associated with pregnancy. And the stuff smells great – so much better than cocoa butter (I was so not a fan of walking around smelling like a chocolate donut all the time!). If you’re a Sam’s Club member, you can find a 16 oz jar for under $8. If not, it’s readily available on Amazon and still pretty inexpensive.
2. Vaseline Lip Therapy – My lips seem to be extra dry during pregnancy. I use Vaseline on my bare lips and over lipstick to prevent them from getting dry and chapped.
3. Lush Cosmetics Coalface Charcoal Facial Cleanser Bar – For mamas-to-be experiencing acne, this is my absolute favorite product. I actually use this as my primary face wash all the time, pregnant or not. The only thing tricky about Coalface is that it while it does a great job preventing and treating blemishes, it can dry your skin. Make sure you’re using a good moisturizer to prevent this issue.
4. Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 – This moisturizer is light and doesn’t leave me feeling greasy. I use it under my makeup in the morning and before I go to bed. You can’t successfully achieve the pregnancy glow without a well moisturized face!
5. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation – This foundation is my ultimate secret weapon in faking the pregnancy glow. It literally has “glow” in its name! I can’t express enough how much I love this foundation. No matter how yucky I’m feeling, if I at least put this on and a little mascara, I’m looking and feeling so much better!