Being pregnant, I crave peanut butter and chocolate. Are there any pregnant women who don’t crave peanut butter?! My son has a severe peanut and tree nut allergy, so unless he’s at grandma’s, this mama isn’t getting any peanut butter anytime soon. We had some chocolate chips and sunflower butter in the fridge, so I decided to get creative and make some cookies. Per usual, I used what I had on hand and created this surprisingly delicious cookie recipe. Even if you don’t have nut allergies in your family, these cookies are sure to knock your socks off!
Sunflower Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/2 cup sunflower butter (I love Sunbutter Natural)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, add softened butter, sunflower butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix on low power in electric mixer until well blended. Mix eggs in. Add baking soda and salt. Slowly mix in flour until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons on an un-greased cookie sheet. I like to use a silicone baking mat, so I don't ruin the cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool before serving.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
*NOTE: Sometimes when you cook with sunflower butter, the inside of your cookies can turn green. It’s completely normal and nothing to worry about! See Sunbutter’s explanation here.