We experienced quite the snowfall here in Michigan yesterday.
And I have to admit, it put me in the holiday spirit. I never decorate for Christmas pre-Thanksgiving, but up went my tree last night. This morning, I woke up to a house that just smelled like Christmas. With a smile on my still-sleepy face, I headed straight to the kitchen and whipped up this holiday-inspired breakfast treat.
This french toast is probably going to be a breakfast staple in my family for the entire holiday season. It will make the perfect Thanksgiving breakfast on Thursday. For those who have already had enough pumpkin spice for the season, this french toast is not overwhelming; it has just a hint of the popular holiday flavor.
Pumpkin Pie French Toast
- 4 slices of bread (I used whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin pie spice coffee creamer
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp. butter
- powdered sugar, butter, and syrup (optional toppings)
- Mix together creamer, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla in a shallow bowl.
- Heat large skillet to medium heat and melt butter.
- Dip bread in egg mixture and add to hot, buttered skillet.
- Cook each side until it is crispy, but not burnt.
- When it's done, the french toast should be crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside.
- Top with your choice of syrup, butter, and powdered sugar.