We were out doing some Christmas shopping yesterday and Jackson spotted a box of Cap’n Crunch Christmas Crunch Cereal. He is obsessed with Santa. Whenever he sees Santa, he says “Ho Ho Ho” with a huge smile on his face. So against my better judgement (I don’t usually buy sugary cereals), I told him we could get the cereal just this one time. An FYI for peanut allergy mamas, this cereal is safe! This morning I made a delicious holiday-inspired french toast using this cereal as a crunchy coating. I may make some cereal bars with it later too, if I can remember to pick up marshmallows!
Christmas Crunch French Toast
- 4 slices of bread (I used whole wheat)
- Cap'n Crunch Christmas Crunch Cereal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp. butter
- powdered sugar, butter, whipped cream, and syrup (optional toppings)
- Pour cereal into a freezer bag and use a rolling pin to crush it. Transfer the crunchy crumbs to a shallow bowl.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla in a shallow bowl (no need to add sugar to this recipe, the cereal add enough sweetness!).
- Heat large skillet to medium heat and melt butter. Dip bread in egg mixture, then coat with cereal topping, and add to hot, buttered skillet. Cook each side until it is crispy, but not burnt.
- When it’s done, the french toast should be crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside. Top with your choice of whipped cream, syrup, butter, and powdered sugar. I like it with just a dusting of powdered sugar. Enjoy!