It’s already the 4th of January, which means I’ve already failed atachieving one of my New Year’s resolutions. I said that I would try to blog everyday and I failed terribly at doing so the first three days of the year. That being said, I’m not giving up! Life happens! Between being pregnant, having a toddler, and the flu jumping from one to another in our house, life definitely has been busy around here.
Last night, in my attempt to make a home cooked Sunday meal after the busy holiday weekend, I came up with this concoction. It was a hit for three reasons: 1. It was delicious! 2. It was toddler-approved! Seriously, he couldn’t get enough. Nothing makes this mama happier than when my kid eats what I make for dinner. This is a rare occurrence in our household! and 3. It made a ton of food. Gotta love leftovers!
I love any excuse to use the cast iron skillet. I plan on making this again, maybe with blue cheese? I can’t wait to experiment to make different burger creations. Put your own twist on it and let me know what you think!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced dill pickles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook ground beef with diced onion. Drain. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in half of the cheddar cheese.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, heavy cream, eggs, ketchup, and mustard.
- In a well-greased cast iron skillet, spread the meat mixture. Add diced pickles. Pour the egg mixture on top.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the pie sit for about 10 minutes prior to serving.