These oatmeal cookies do not last long in my house. They’re both my husband and toddler’s favorite. They’re delicious served warm with vanilla bean ice cream. I also like them for breakfast; they might not win any awards for the healthiest of breakfasts but maybe for the yummiest!
Recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer.
- Add sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Continue to mix. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour until well-mixed.
- Add oats, chocolate chips, and cranberries (in that order).
- Using a tablespoon, create rounded drop cookies. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with ice cream or as the perfect breakfast cookie!