I love, love, love simple pasta meals. If you have a box of pasta in your pantry, the dinner possibilities really are endless. I came up with this easy meal one night when I was throwing together a last minute dinner with stuff we had on hand. It turned out to be a big hit! The best part is that you can make it for under $10. It makes a ton of pasta, and our family of 3 can make two meals out of it. $5 for each dinner? I’m all about that! Want to save even more money? There are almost always coupons for Johnsonville sausage. Check out coupons.com before heading to the grocery store.
My Favorite $10 Meal
- 1 lb penne pasta
- frozen cut Italian green beans
- 5 links Italian sausage
- 1 stick of butter
- Bruschetta Jack cheese, grated (or any cheese of your choice)
- grated parmesan
- Cut sausage links into 1 inch pieces. In a greased pan, cook the sausage until browned. While sausage is cooking, boil water and cook pasta.
- Grate entire wedge of Bruschetta Jack cheese. Put half aside to top pasta with.
- Cook Italian beans according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, and melt butter directly on noodles. Add as much parmesan as you desire. Add half of the grated Bruschetta Jack cheese.
- Mix sausage and beans into the pasta.
- Serve topped with freshly grated cheese.