I love, love, love simple pasta meals. If you have a box of pasta in your pantry, the dinner possibilities really are endless. I came up with this easy meal one night when I was throwing together a last minute dinner with stuff we had on hand. It turned out to be a big hit! The best part is that you can make it for under $10. It makes a ton of pasta, and our family of 3 can make two meals out of it. $5 for each dinner? I’m all about that! Want to save even more money? There are almost always coupons for Johnsonville sausage. Check out coupons.com before heading to the grocery store.
- Penne pasta
- Frozen cut Italian green beans
- 5 links Italian sausage
- 1 stick of butter
- Bruschetta Jack cheese, grated (or any cheese of your choice)
- Grated parmesan
- Cut sausage links into 1 inch pieces. In a greased pan, cook the sausage until browned. While sausage is cooking, boil water and cook pasta.
- Grate entire wedge of Bruschetta Jack cheese. Put half aside to top pasta with.
- Cook Italian beans according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, and melt butter directly on noodles. Add as much parmesan as you desire. Add half of the grated Bruschetta Jack cheese.
- Mix sausage and beans into the pasta.
- Serve topped with freshly grated cheese.