We had a lot of fun making junk food for our little family’s Super Bowl party yesterday (we had even more fun eating it!). I believe a party isn’t complete without dips, dips, and more dips! I made veggies and dip, this chili cheese dog dip from delish.com, and my famous buffalo chicken dip. And to satisfy the sweet tooths of my boys after all that dipping, some good old fashioned chocolate chips cookies.
This buffalo chicken dip is my go-to party recipe and constantly requested by my friends and family. Since I’m pregnant and can’t eat smoked meats, I add smoked paprika to give the dip its smokiness. However, its just as good (if not better) if made with smoked chicken!
- Breast meat from one rotisserie chicken, shredded (should be about 3 cups)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. blue cheese
- 1 cup Frank's hot sauce (we like it hot; this can be cut in half to reduce the spice without losing the flavor)
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- Over medium-low heat, melt cream cheese, sour cream, and blue cheese in a large pot. Stir constantly until well blended.
- Reduce heat to low and add hot sauce, then shredded chicken, then smoked paprika.
- Stir everything together until creamy.
- Transfer dip to a crockpot set at warm to enjoy all day dipping. Serve with celery and tortilla chips.