I’ve been intrigued by the recipes for cake cookies that I’ve seen floating around Pinterest for awhile now. I must admit that when it comes to baking, I’m not very adventurous. I have my basic drop cookie recipes and I don’t usually stray far from what I’ve perfected. The main reason being that I can hardly find time to bake regularly, and if there’s a chance of error, I’d rather stick to my tried and true recipes! However, this week I was doing some stock up grocery shopping in preparation for the new baby and picked up some Betty Crocker cake mixes for only 80 cents! I figured this was the perfect opportunity to try something new and satisfy my pregnant sweet tooth. If you’re a busy mama like I am, this is the perfect fool-proof cookie recipe and it only involves three ingredients!
- 1 box of Cherry Chip cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In an electric mixer, blend together all three ingredients.
- Generously spray cookie sheet with cooking spray (this is very important because of the cookies' cake-like dough!).
- Using a tablespoon, drop rounded spoonfuls of dough 1 inch apart on the greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Immediately top with a Hershey's Kiss, if desired (they are delicious with or without the chocolatey addition!).