I’d like to think that I lived a somewhat glamorous life before becoming a mama. Having a toddler changes everything. Not sure if your sweet little baby has reached the toddler stage yet? This list might help you.
You might have a toddler if…
- Not only do you cut the crust off of sandwiches, you own a cute little doodad that makes the bread look like Elmo.
- You haven’t peed or showered alone in 2 years.
- You’ve gotten used to sharing a queen size bed with two other people (and maybe a dog).
- Speaking of sharing your bed, waking up soaked in milk or urine doesn’t phase you in the slightest.
- You can recite every word of Frozen, including a killer Olaf impression.
- You’re a total hypocrite and have allowed your kid to do at least one thing you swore you wouldn’t before you became a parent; Including but not limited to: eating McDonald’s, owning an iPad, and eating snacks before paying for them in the grocery store.
- Your Netflix suggestions consist of Thomas the Tank Engine and The Gruffalo.
- You refer to yourself in the third person. “Mommy does not like your behavior right now!”
- You get more excited about a new episode of Paw Patrol than your kids do.
- You find yourself telling other adults that you have to use the “potty.” While using said potty, you wonder if it was weird to say that.
- Your Facebook photo is not of you, but of a cuter, tinier version of yourself.
- You pair Goldfish crackers with your favorite wine.
- Bedtime is THE WORST. You used to look forward to the peace and quiet of bedtime before it became WrestleMania. Every. Single. Night.