I LOVE zucchini bread – it’s not too sweet and it’s perfect for breakfast or dessert. It seems that everything this time of year is pumpkin-flavored. And I’m not complaining – this mama is a big pumpkin fan. But it’s refreshing to experience a treat with a different fall flavor.
Everyone loves this bread and it’s super easy to make. When my three-year-old requests it (he calls it “breakfast bread”), I can’t help but feel like it’s a parenting win since he’s eating something green. I realize the sugar probably cancels out any health benefits, but I’ll take what I can get!
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unpeeled, grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Create a well in the center of the dry mixture.
- In the well of the dry mixture, add egg, sugar, zucchini, and oil. Stir by hand until entire mixture is moistened. Batter should be lumpy.
- Bake for 55 minutes. Wait 10 minutes before serving or removing from the loaf pan.
- I like to serve warm slices topped with butter.