Congratulations! We made it to the weekend! Is it just me, or does the first week of the new year seem to go by sooooo slow? Well, it’s time to give yourself a high five for making it though the first week of 2017! I hope everyone’s year is off to an amazing start. I can honestly tell you that (knock on wood), mine is going great so far! For some reason I can’t explain, I have a feeling that this is going to be my best year yet. I hope that you’re feeling the same.
Let’s start this weekend off with a new recipe – my first official recipe of 2017! I’m a sucker for egg soufflés (the ones from Panera are truly the key to my heart). If you can’t make it to Panera, give my simple breakfast muffin version a try. You can switch out the ham and havarti for any meat (or veggie!) of your choice. Personalize them as you wish. And don’t forget the cute cupcake liners. 😉
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 cup diced ham, or other breakfast meat
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 3 slices havarti, cut in fourths
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners and lightly spray liners with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Set aside. Break bread apart and even distribute among the cupcake liners. Pour even amounts of egg mixture among the liners, as well. Add ham and cheddar, and season with salt and pepper. Top each muffin with a slice of havarti.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then broil for 1 minute, until cheese bubbles.
- Enjoy immediately and freeze the leftovers for easy weekday breakfasts.