Motherhood is overwhelming. There, I said what we’ve all been thinking. For me, one of the most overwhelming parts of being a mom is trying to keep my house cleaned. When you’re a busy mama taking care of your kids, when are you supposed to find the time to clean??? The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to give up on everything be perfect. It’s time to face the facts: your house will never be perfect with children living in it. But it can be clean. Really, it can! Here is a simple daily cleaning checklist any mom can follow to keep a tidy home.
Morning DAILY CLEANING:
- Make beds (if you have older kids, have them make their own)
- Unload dishwasher
- Wipe down bathroom sinks/toilets
- Fluff living room pillows and fold blankets
- Clean bathroom mirror
Evening DAILY CLEANING:
- Load + run dishwasher
- Wipe down counters
- Pickup toys, organize into baskets for each room (have older kids put their own away)
- Take out trash/recyclables
Of course this won’t take care of your total cleaning workload, but it’s a start. You can squeeze in mopping, dusting, polishing, etc. as needed and as your schedule allows.
Go ahead and print my Daily Cleaning Checklist and post it on your fridge.