Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DrPepperPickYourPepper
Thinking back to my childhood, some of my best summer memories are of family bbqs. It’s truly the simple things that stick with you. It’s now important for me to create these memories for my own family.
This post was inspired by the limited edition Pick Your Pepper Dr Pepper® packaging (available at Kroger). Buy any three Dr Pepper 12pk or 8pk 12oz (any variety) and receive a coupon for a free Dr Pepper 20oz. This great offer is available 6/21-8/15, so make sure to call or visit your local Kroger or Kroger banner store for offer specifics!
There are also some fun Snapchat codes on the 20oz bottles of Pick Your Pepper Dr Pepper. Scan the code in Snapchat to unlock exclusive, limited edition filters.
- Pick Paper – Paper products are the secret to sanity when it comes to feeding large groups. Less dishes, less mess, happy mama!
- Simple Sides – A family bbq is more about the memories, less about the menu. Keep your sides simple. I’ve never had guests complain about some old-fashioned potato chips and a store-bought salad.
- Make-Ahead Meats – We bought a smoker a few years ago, and we may use it more than the actual grill. Throw a pork shoulder in there the night before, then you have pulled pork that can be put in the slow cooker for your family bbq. Now you won’t be stressing about perfectly timing the grill, and your guests can casually eat as they please. Don’t forget to serve your meat, with my delicious Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce!
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup Dr Pepper
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce
- In small mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Ad in wet ingredients and whisk together. In a small saucepan, heat sauce until boiling, whisking continuously. Let cool before serving.