Do a simple Pinterest search for toddler lunch ideas. I dare you.
Your screen will be flooded with pictures of magazine-worthy lunches that appear to be prepared by world class chefs and styled by professional food stylists. I think these lunches are ridiculous, but not for the reason you’re thinking.
I find these Pinterest lunch ideas ridiculous, not because of the time put into meticulously creating them, but because of the ingredients. Does your tot eat zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes? How about hard boiled eggs? Does you toddler nosh on those?
Mine does not. And if you, like me, have a truly picky eater, I’m sure you share my frustration.
Today I’m giving you an insider’s peek at my list of lunch ideas for picky eaters, along with my favorite recycled children’s tableware to serve them on.
Lunch Ideas for Truly Picky Eaters:
- Applesauce pouches
- Babybel cheese
- String cheese
- Veggies + homemade ranch
- Turkey meatballs
- Chicken nuggets
- Chips + guacamole
- Pita + hummus
- Mac + cheese (we love Annie’s)
- Grilled cheese
I’m a big believer in the power of appearance. If you serve a fun lunch, on fun dishes, your kids are more likely to give new foods a try. I have a Re-Play Complete Toddler Feeding Set for each of my kids. For $25, the set includes:
- 1 Divided plate
- 1 Flat plate
- 1 Bowl
- 1 No-Spill Sippy cup
- 1 Drinking cup
- 1 Fork
- 1 Spoon
- 1 Snack Pod w/ lid
Why I love Re-Play:
- The divided plate is an excellent way to introduce new foods, serve dipping sauces, and prevent foods from touching each-other (parents of picky eaters, you know this is a big tantrum waiting to happen!)
- It’s made in the USA of recycled parts
- So extremely durable (very necessary with my kids who like to throw things!)
- The sippy cup is one of the only ones I’ve found that is truly spill-proof
- It’s dishwasher safe
- PVC, BPA and phthalate free
- FREE SHIPPING!
What your tricks to getting your picky eater to try new foods?